Brighton & Hove member, Flo Lewis, has been voted in as chairman of the LGBTQ* in UKIP group after the previous chairman, Tom Booker, stepped down from the role.
Flo has stepped down as campaign director for the LGBTQ* group to take on the role of chairman. She will be ably assisted by the current vice chairman of the LGBTQ* group and PPC for Normanton, Pontefract & Castleford, Nathan Garbutt.
The LGBTQ* in UKIP group aims to ...
- To operate as a social and support Society for all Members, and to provide these services.
- To provide a welcoming safe space, encouraging all Members to feel comfortable with their sexuality and/or gender identity.
- To promote the policies of UKIP to the wider LGBT Community and to encourage LGBT people to join UKIP.
- To represent the interests of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered (etc.) members of UKIP within the Party.
- To organise meetings, speakers and social events which promote both the Society and highlight issues facing the LGBT Community.
- To act, if requested by the NEC or the Policy groups, as an advisory body or to provide an opinion on a policy proposal that involves the specific interests of the LGBT Community.
- To function in accordance with and abide by the UKIP Constitution, and to support UKIP in its aims.